The CEPPP is collaborating with the Projet Hôpital Vaudreuil-Soulanges (PHVS) team to integrate patient voices in the planning process of the new hospital’s construction. HVS is a new hospital that will be built on the réseau local de services (RLS) territory of Vaudreuil-Soulanges, located in the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest.
The Vaudreuil-Soulanges RLS territory of the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest is currently experiencing one of Quebec’s most significant demographic booms. Furthermore, the population is aging at one of the fastest rates in Quebec. Nevertheless, this RLS is one of the only territories of this size that does not have its own hospital. In an effort to align the RLS with the strategic orientations of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS), the Vaudreuil-Soulanges RLS territory wants to ensure that its population can access proximity services and care. It also wants to increase the autonomy of the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest. In this context, the only possible solution is for the Vaudreuil-Soulanges RLS to build its own hospital.
For this project, HVS has stated its will to co-construct the hospital with users, in this case patients. The CEPPP is therefore supporting this process by offering the following services:
- Recruiting the first patient partners for the project;
- Providing coaching and training to the HVS project team on the patient partner recruitment methodology;
- Offering patient partnership training to members of the project team;
- Coaching patient partners;
- Coaching members of the project team to collaborate with patient partners and work as an interprofessional team.