To assess Patient Association participation in health policy decision-making.
Souliotis, Kyriakos, et al. “Assessing patient participation in health policy decision-making in Cyprus.” International Journal of Health Policy and Management 5.8 (2016): 461.
Download article: http://www.ijhpm.com/article_3227_629.html
* The tool is not available in a usable format
We provide a five-point rating for each of the following four criteria:
- Scientific Rigour: Was the development of the evaluation tool scientifically rigorous and based on existing evidence on patient and public engagement?
- Patient and Public Perspective: Does the evaluation tool take into account the views of patients and the public (both in its development and use)?
- Comprehensiveness: Is the tool comprehensive in evaluating the context, process, outcomes and impacts of patient and public engagement?
- Usability: Is the evaluation tool easy to use?
Each criterion has 5 question-items. We gave 1 point per item if the answer to the question was YES, 0 points if the answer was NO or CANNOT ANSWER.
- Is the evaluation tool based on a comprehensive literature review on patient and public engagement research?
- Is the evaluation tool based on the experience/expertise of key stakeholders?
- Is the evaluation tool based on a conceptual/theoretical framework of patient and public engagement?
- Was the evaluation tool tested for validity (i.e., the tool evaluates what it is purported to evaluate)?
- Was the evaluation tool tested for reliability (i.e., the tool produces stable and consistent results)?